Monday 14 March 2011

Lolita FAQ :D

Hellloooo :D It's Chelsea, and today I am going to answer some of the questions that I (and other lolitas) get asked frequently :) So here goes!


Q. What Lolita style are you?
A. I like to mix up my style, but I also go through phases of the different genres of lolita. Right now, I am more into Gothic lolita, but I am leaning towards Sailor Lolita. I also love Sweet Lolita, Ero Lolita, Classic Lolita... I love all the styles really!!!


Q. What are the basic lolita must have clothing items?
A. In my opinion, you need at least one of each of these things: A blouse (or a full dress. You only need a blouse if you own a lolita skirt, rather than a dress^^), a petticoat (or, make like I do and just wear a couple of tutu's underneath your dress/skirt!), shin high or knee high socks (white are a definite must have!), and a cute pair of chunky heels :) I also couldn't live without my accessories- hair clips, headbands and plenty of jewelry are essential to me. A cute bag makes any outfit complete!


Q. Does the Lolita style have any relation to the book 'Lolita'?
A. ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Lolita is a very innocent style, and very child-like in most genres. Even Ero-Lolita (see the next question) is modest :P


Q. What is 'Ero-Lolita'?
A. It's a bit more adult than most lolita styles. There is a bit more flesh showing, and often underwear is worn on the outside of the outfit. Corsets play a huge part in this style. The colours also tend to be more Gothic-Lolita like than Sweet lolita. It's another of my favourite styles :)


Q. Don't people laugh at you when you dress in Lolita?
A. Of course they do. And me and my friends have dealt with a lot of harsh comments, but we actually just laugh them off! At the end of the day, we are just dressing how we want to, how we like, and it isn't up to other people how we look!!


I shall do another FAQ post sometime, but hopefully this answers at least one of your questions!


Chelsea xx

1 comment:

  1. *Gasp* Chels! I did not realise you digged ero-loli too! Although I have to admit, it is pretty hot when kept subtle and elegent. The whole suspenders things is cool too. But this is something i truely did not expect! lol. =P love Ani xxx

    ReplyDelete