Wednesday 30 March 2011

Not quite Tuesday

I seem to be running a bit late, as it is 'not quite Tuesday' but not far from it, from what I've gathered it's actually Wednesday, yet I blogg on Tuesday, so I formally apologise and shall move on as not to confuzzle you as much as I probably have!


Today I would like to look into the subject of one of my favourite styles Fairy-Kei!! *does Happy Dance*
I dont think I could chooses between lolita and fairy-kei as im not sure I could live without either.


Fairy-Kei is loosely based around Western 80's and 90's children pop culture, there are may pastel colours involved and lots of tutus and pretty patterns.
There are few shops that sell only Fairy-Kei styled clothes, but there are some out there, for example SPANKNile Perch and 6% Doki Doki.


Also there are stores that will sell things related to Fairy-Kei like: Bodyline and Swimmer.


Fairy-Kei is also one of my favourite fashions for me as it involves many fond memories of when I was a tiny terror!
Since it's based around 80's and 90's pop culture it also involves patterns or accessories form  popular cartoon characters and plushies from that era.
Being a 90's kid solely brought up on 80's cartoons I think I've seen a good amount of them.















One of the most used imagery in Fairy-Kei is from the popular 'Popples', *faints from cuteness*



























Another the well known 'Care Bears' *if you dont know what the Care Bears are im sad to say you have missed out on a great big Chunk of childhood*
























SPANK, is a great shop that sells second hand and handmade clothes, that are very much incorporated into the Fairy-kei style, (it has been said by the owner of SPANK that it is it's own style)




Shall be back next Tuesday, (on time!!) - Sophie P

No comments:

Post a Comment